http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bad Habits

I've been thinking lots about how social media allows us to portray only the "best" versions of ourselves. We only share when we've done something exciting, made a fancy meal, or created an awesome craft. No one wants to share when you've spent all day in your pajamas watching Netflix and eaten nothing but chex mix. I really believe in authenticity, though, in my relationships, so I thought I'd share some of my less-than-glamorous bad habits.

I (almost) never take out the trash. Its not that I mean to leave it sitting there. I'll even bag it up and put it by the door. But, I'm often running late or just lost in my own thoughts.... so the bag will just sit there. My intentions are the best, but I just seem to have trouble following through on this one.

I have limited self-control when it comes to snack foods. Salty and crunchy or sweet and chewy, I'll probably eat them all. I'm especially bad with chips. I don't want to eat the whole bag, but the next thing you know... they're all gone. My friend Briana always tells the story of opening up a bag of kettle chips while watching a movie and offering a few to me. Then she says, "Then, I went in for a second handful AND THEY WERE ALL GONE!"

I can be pretty tunnel-visioned when I'm watching TV. Even if its just on in the background while friends are over or we're eating dinner, I just focus in. I know lots of people read books while watching TV... and I have no idea how they do that! I can't just watch it half heartedly. If you want me to pay attention to you, you gotta turn off that tube.

Do you have any less-than-glamorous bad habits? Traits that you normally keep hidden from social media? Let me hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...