http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Monday, June 3, 2013

Liebster!!

I am thrilled that Heather from Over the Hill nominated me for a Liebster award. I love this award because I'm finding out so much about other bloggers, which is pretty awesome. And, you find cool brand new blogs to follow. Win, Win.


The Liebster Award is for lesser-known blogs with under 200 followers. It gives these bloggers more exposure by introducing them to others -- and who doesn't love a little link sharing? Nominees are asked to share 11 facts about themselves with their readers. They then answer 11 questions from the person who nominated them, and choose another group of bloggers to nominate.



 Eleven Things that You (probably) Didn't Know About Me:
01. I was a vegetarian for over three years, but am now a happy omnivore. I never ate much meat before vegetarianism and would say that my meat consumption now is below-average, but I am much healthier now than I was as a vegetarian. I eat more whole foods and more vegetables than I ever did when I wasn't eating meat.
02. I have a terrible internal compass. I'm good at following directions, but if I get off-course then I'm screwed. If someone tells me to head North..... well, I have no idea where that is.
03. I don't have a smartphone! My phone makes phone calls, texts, and takes (poor-quality) pictures. It does not Instagram, Facebook, or surf the web.
04. I am a little coffee-obsessed. It's actually a secret dream of mine to work as a barista so that I can learn how to make espresso drinks. I've been drinking coffee since middle school and I prefer to take it black.
05. I'm an introvert and shy! Taking time for myself and being alone are important to my mental well-being. I also get anxious being in large groups with lots of people that I don't know, I struggle to start conversations with strangers, and dread making phone calls (except to close friends.) Don't think that I hate socializing, though! I like to go out with friends! I just prefer small groups to large ones and struggle to initiate new friendships (but, if you get the ball rolling I will likely reciprocate.)
06. 80% of the time I don't remove old, chipped toenail polish before painting over it. I figure, no one is going to get that close to them anyways so why does it have to be perfect?
07. I don't listen to much music. My least favorite question in the world is, "what kind of music do you listen to?" because I have NO IDEA how to answer it. Sometimes I listen to music, like when I'm on the train to school or in the car listening to radio. I usually listen to The Decemberists or Caroline Smith and the Goodnight Sleeps. If I'm at home, I might put on this playlist.... but usually I don't listen to anything.
08. I'm pretty minimalistic in terms of jewelry. If I wear any, I'll probably put on a simple necklace (this one, in gold) and Kate Spade knot studs. They're simple, match everything, and add a little bit without adding too much. 
09. I went to community college for my first year of University. I changed my mind about where and what I wanted to study right before graduating from high school, so I went to community college while applying to other schools. I'm glad for the decision, because I got save a lot of money. But, parts of me wish that I had done the dorms/freshman year experience.... but part of me is really okay that I missed that stuff too.
10. My boyfriend and I went to elementary school together through the second grade, but never met! We even rode the same bus to and from school. We finally were introduced in college by mutual friends.
11. I was kind of goth in middle school. I wore lots of black, studded bracelets and belts, and even colored my hair black. *sigh* I suppose everyone is embarrassed by their clothing choices in middle school, right?

Hannah's Questions for Nominees:
01. What websites do you visit everyday, no matter what?
Facebook, Bloglovin, Tumblr, and checking my email on Comcast and Gmail
02. Describe your ideal vacation: where would you go? What would you do?
This is hard to decide because there are so many places that I want to visit! I'd love to visit Rome. I studied Italian for two years in college, so it would be so wonderful to visit this place that I've studied so in-depth. Plus, the food, history, and art. It would be great. I'd go with Keith, we'd visit lots of museums, drink lots of coffee, and eat lots of bruschetta. I'd try to remember the language I once knew and we'd try not to get lost as we explore the city.
03. What's the weirdest, funniest, or most memorable fortune you've found in a fortune cookie?
"The rubberbands are heading in the right direction"
04. What's your favorite piece of clothing?
Probably my chambray button-down. I wear it all the time. I love that it can be dressed up or down, worn alone or with layers. I often wear it with jeans under a striped cardigan or over black, cropped pants with a fun scarf.
05. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A marine biologist! As a Midwestern kid that had never seen the ocean, I was fascinated by it. I imagined that I would spend all day playing with dolphins. Soon after I realized that most marine biologists do more research than dolphin-playing I gave up on that dream.
06. Do you have a guilty pleasure TV show? What is it?
I've definitely watched more episodes of Sister Wives on tlc than I'd care to admit.
07. What's your biggest pet peeve?
When people crack their necks. It sounds like it's going to break!
08. If you could learn any skill, what would you learn?
I'd love to be better with using photo-editing tools and designing graphics.
09. What do you keep on your nightstand?
It's a mess of bobby pins, unworn jewelry, books I've read but haven't put away, and my cellphone when it's charging
10. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Moving to New Jersey. I never, ever thought I would move away from Minnesota. And, I was sure that I would be constantly homesick and unable to create a happy life here. I really didn't think that I could do it. But, I'm here making it work. It's imperfect, definitely, but I'm doing it.
11. Why did you start blogging?
I've always wanted to start a blog, so when I moved it became the perfect reason to make that a reality. It was an easy way to document my life and to share it with the friends and family that I was leaving at home.

I Nominate:
A Southern Belle in London
Chocolate & Chard
Excelsior Lady
Sassy in Sequins

I am lucky to follow lots of blogs with fewer than 200 followers, however most have already received the Liebster nomination!

My Questions for the Nominees:
01. What's your favorite summertime activity?
02. What's your favorite topic to blog about?
03. You have to recommend a book to your best friend. Which do you choose?
04. You've had a terrible day at school or work. How do you cheer yourself up?
05. What's the best piece of advice you've been given?
06. Do you have a secret talent?
07. What do you do with an afternoon off?
08. Worst or best first date story?
09. What's the weirdest thing in your purse?
10. If you could be any fictional character who would it be and why?
11. If you could live anywhere for a year, where would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...