http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Friday, June 7, 2013

Monthly Check in: May 2013


I'm a little late with my May summary, whoops! A lot happened in May, so it's a little overwhelming to think about it all. I finished my semester of graduate school and ended up with a 3.8 gpa; I'm so glad that I'm not going back! The week after that, I started my new part-time job. Even though I'm still looking for a full-time position, this is so much better for the interim. My previous job created a lot of stress and anxiety, and I was getting very few hours (probably averaging 13 hours a week, not enough to support yourself!) A few weeks into my new position and I love it! I still have a lot to learn, but it's a much more comfortable work environment and I'm getting more hours.


After starting my new job, I got to go home to Minnesota for a week. It was really a much needed visit. To be amongst familiar faces and familiar scenery (Minnesota is so beautiful and so green!) really filled me up. It was so good to catch up with friends in person instead of over the phone. All of that being said, it was a little surprising to me to realize how much I've created a home here too. Minnesota will always be home home, and we're still definitely planning to move back within the next few years.

Early in the month, Keith and I went out to a neighborhood art fair and it made us realize how excited we are for all of the city-hosted events this summer (lots of movies and Shakespeare in the park in our future, which we can add to our list of date ideas.)

Just in case you missed it, I've started participating in button swaps! Danielle (A Writer in Love) and Emorie (Oh Whimsical Me) have already hopped on board (love them both!) I love making online friends, so check out my advertise page if you're interested.

I'm so excited for summer to be here: the farmer's market will be starting up soon and we're hoping to spend more time outdoors. I'm dreaming of going camping, drinking lots of iced coffee, finally putting up those last two curtains, and making a compost bin. What are you looking forward to this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...