http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Friday, November 30, 2012

Employment

Well, this week has been busy. Winding down after Thanksgiving, working more hours in preparation for the holidays, finishing Christmas shopping, dreaming up new products for my Etsy store, and working on a commissioned painting..... needless to say, I have been busy! I feel as though I haven't thought about moving, except for absentmindedly grabbing boxes from work, until late last night.

I'm having a really difficult time accepting that I will leave my job. I LOVE my work and my coworkers. I feel so much gratitude to have found a place where I feel so comfortable and happy to go to work. And, the truth is, I really don't want to leave it.

I feel so strongly about work, because I know how much it affects the quality of your life. I've previously worked in a less pleasant environment, with a less pleasant employer, and it really dragged me down. I wasn't excited to go to work and I felt stressed all the time: understandably since work takes up such a large percentage of your time. I'm terrified that I will end up in that situation again. Or that I won't be able to find a job.

All of this combined has led to me really dragging my feet re: job searching. I know that's the wrong attitude! I should be proactively looking for jobs; the sooner I start and the more thoroughly I look, the better my options will be, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...