http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I've been making these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins since high school & they are one of my favorite ways to use up a couple brown bananas. They are super dense and chocolatey, so they definitely fulfill any sweet tooth cravings. They really only take a few minutes to mix up and 20 minutes in the oven, so they're a quick treat too!




Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
adapted from 330 Vegetarian Recipes for Health edited by Nicola Graimes

6 tbsp skim milk
2 eggs
10 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 cups flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
6oz chocolate chips (about half of a regular size bag)
2-3 bananas

Preheat your oven to 400F and prep your muffin pan by placing the cups into it. Mix the milk, eggs, and butter in a small bowl until combined, then set aside. In a seperate, large bowl mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Then, add the sugar and chocolate chips and mix. 


Then, slowly stir in the liquid mixture. Mash your bananas (I like to put peeled bananas in a ziploc bag, mash with my hands, then cut off a corner like a pastry bag) and fold them into the mixture. 


Spoon the mixture into the lined muffin pan. These muffins don't rise a ton, so filling the tins to just under the rim usually yields in good-sized muffins. Bake for 20 minutes until goldened, then remove and let cool on a wire rack. My batches usually make 16-18 muffins. Serve with a cup of hot coffee for a sweet breakfast.

I feel like I always have the recipes on hand, so I always make these muffins when I've got a sweet tooth. Do you have any go to baked goods that you turn to when you're craving a sweet snack?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...