http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mom Visits

Over the last week, my mom was in town! Yesterday we went out for a early birthday breakfast (hers) before she was off to the airport.


Having my mom here was great because she seems to care more about investigating Hoboken, then about seeing the tourist traps in NYC. She's curious and optimistic: a great combination for exploring. Thanks to her we tried several new coffee shops, restaurants, and finally went into the weird-looking deli.... and have ended up with the best salami and bread we've had. Clearly, it just takes someone more adventurous than Keith and I to uncover the hidden gems in our new city.

Honestly, it was so great having her here. It was great to catch up over coffee and spend afternoons reading together; I'm hoping that her curiosity rubbed off on me a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...