http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"I Could Never Do That!" (Yes, You Can)

Usually when I meet someone new, the conversation goes like this:


And, I know where you're coming from. Truthfully, I expected to spend my entire life in Minnesota. Obviously, my family and friends are there, that's where I grew up, and its home. But, its more than that. I honestly loved living in the Twin Cities, where I went to university and lived for three years. I loved the size (big enough but not too big) and the accessibility to both city and nature. I had "my" places: my favorite walk across the river, my go-to bar, and coffee shops on every corner (that weren't Starbucks). Even in my wildest dreams, I never imagined leaving it.


Once Keith got his job and had yet to be placed in a location, I spent countless hours anxious and overwhelmed by the prospect. In all honesty, I thought I couldn't do it. I was terrified of leaving home and everything I knew, of leaving my support system, and of facing this brand new life.... just Keith and I. I was shaking to my core.

But, then Keith was placed here. I came to visit and realized that I liked it here and saw opportunities to make my life, my goals, and my dreams happen here. It wasn't an easy decision, by any means, but through lots of talking and brainstorming and planning and lots and lots of support... I did it.

I am here, 1,000 miles away from home. I moved across the country. I overcame a HUGE fear and area of self-doubt. I am surviving and making a life for myself. Sometimes its frustrating and challenging, but I am here, making it happen. And, I'm happy.


So, what has you shaking in your boots? What's holding you back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...