http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Friday, March 22, 2013

TGIF: March 22, 2013

Since my mom left earlier this week, its been a pretty ho hum week. Just getting back to routines. Additionally, I've been working a lot and re-editing my cover letter and resume... plus its midterms! However, there were definitely things to celebrate!


1. My friend Kellie sent me the sweetest package containing the book City Chic by Nina Willdorf, several coffee bags (the package smelled SO good), and a nice note. It was a great pick-me-up and a lovely reminder of what wonderful friends I have. I can't wait to turn these coffee bags into some great kitchen art!




2. My mom brought my dad's old dslr with her for me when she came to visit. I've used it on and off for the past few years, but never really thought it special. Boy was I naive. I used it to take my most recent apartment pictures and was amazed at the quality difference when the before and after pictures were side-by-side. This camera produces much higher quality photographs and will stay in focus when the flash is turned off; I hate using the flash, so this was quite a problem with my point and shoot. That being said, my point and shoot will still get regular use. After all, its much easier to toss in my purse!


3. Remember my DIY Denim Do-Over from a few weeks ago? I promise I have another post coming up! I finally patched the holes in the inner thighs. I'm so glad to have a second pair of jeans in my regular rotation  again. The DIY should be up in the first week of April (crazy how time flies!), because next week I'm featuring short hair!


4. Okay, I am loving my new apartment rearrange. I wasn't totally sold on it when we first did it, but now I'm psyched about it. I spend way more time working at my desk instead of on the couch. And, our room feels open and spacious. Plus, now we have room to add another shelving unit (more storage, is always a win).


5. Yesterday morning I finally imported Google Reader to Bloglovin'. I'm so sad to see it go: checking Google Reader has been a daily activity for years. That said, I love that Bloglovin' uses the blog's design when you read it.... there were blogs that I hadn't actually seen the layout of in years! I'm also glad to have all of my daily reading in one spot, instead of checking several different readers. Remember, you can follow North Star in an Eastern Sky on Bloglovin' or subscribe via RSS

I'm working a bit this weekend, but I'm mostly excited to get back to routines and get some errands done. Sounds a little boring, but after the past few weeks of having lots of family in town it'll be great to clean the apartment and stock the fridge. Hopefully the weather stays nice and we can go for a long walk. What are your plans for this weekend? Are you going to be able to get outside?

Linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...