http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Weekend Reading

Since tomorrow is Easter, I thought I'd add some Easter-themed links to my weekly link round-up. I'm not religious and am far away from family, so I'm not doing much to celebrate but seeing all of these crafts, I really wish I would've done something!

Paper and Stitch does her own round-up of Easter crafts from the blogosphere that's sure to inspire if you're looking for something to do in the next few days.

Annie at Wattlebird made a really cute nest jewelry bowl. I tweeted at her that it would be great to make on a large scale and fill with Easter eggs on a coffee table! I love that this project could be Easter related, or just getting ready for spring.

Here's a few recipes that made me drool this week:

Alyssa posted a recipe for portobello and feta burgers on The Glossy Life that sounded like a simple and tasty weeknight meal. A great recipe for when you have a vegetarian over for dinner (although I'm sure your omnivore friends would love it too)

On Smitten Kitchen, Deb posted the chocolate-hazelnut macaroon torte that she made for her family's Passover gathering. Oh, yum. I would pay good money to eat a slice of that.

I'm always on the lookout for advice about blogging. Elizabeth from Delightfully Tacky wrote a post about staying motivated to blog, which I'm sure will be great reference for anyone suffering from writer's block.

On Here & Now, Jessica shared her Media Kit and some great reference materials for someone looking to make their own. If you're a blogger looking to work with sponsors, this is a great post to get you started.

Speaking of sponsors, if you're looking to make the first move check out Manda's advice about writing a pitch on Break the Sky. Great advice from someone inside the industry!


Did you read anything this week that made your mouth drop, inspire you to create, or challenge you? Leave a link and a summary of why you loved it in the comments! I'll feature a few next Saturday. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...