http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Goals for Summer

A few weeks ago it felt like the middle of summer, and then suddenly it became rainy and grey and has remained that way ever since. Regardless, I am hopeful that beautiful, clear, sunny summer days will return. I've gotten into the practice of making summer goals for myself each year during my time off from school, but even though I'm not in school anymore, I can't shake the feeling that I need some direction right now. With that lovely preamble, here's what I'd like to do this summer:

  • Go camping. I think I add this to every summer list and fail to make it happen, but this year I really got to get away from this urban environment and into some nature. Stars, trees, lakes... I miss you.
  • Perfect my budgeting. It's still a work in progress (and a practice of self-control) but I'd really like to figure out a method that works for me by the end of summer.
  • Continue sketching. I used to draw always, and it's a skill that I've neglected.
  • Get back into running. A few summers ago I was really into running and ran a few 5ks. Running is such great stress relief and we have a beautiful running/biking path along the waterfront that is irresistible.
  • Find a full-time job. No explanation needed here.
  • Go biking. I dragged my bike (and Keith's) all the way out to New Jersey and we haven't ridden them once. To be totally honest, 98% of things we do are close enough to walk. But, biking is fun!
  • Stop using my curling iron. I'll probably write a whole post about this sometime, but I use a curling iron almost daily to touch up my natural waves. I'd like to simplify my routine.
  • Finally, I'd like to practice being more social. Both Keith and I are homebodies (and I love it) but I'd like to see us go out and about more this summer.
What's on your to do list this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...