http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Friday, June 21, 2013

TGIF: June 21, 2013


The first draft of this post was a little intense. Intense in that I was really hard on myself. I feel like I haven't been doing much lately. I haven't been going out, taking pictures, or generally acting like a blogger. Then I took a step back and realized that I've done a lot this week that I'm really proud of, even if I did most of those things sitting at my desk in my pajamas.

I developed a productive routine for doing things during my "free time" at home.
As a underemployed individual, I have quite a bit of time at home. It would be really easy to spend all day surfing the Internet and watching Boy Meets World reruns on TV. Instead, I've gotten into the habit of sitting at my desk for most of the day working (even if I'm not getting paid for this work.)

I've started becoming really excited about job listings that I'm finding.
This is HUUUGEE on a personal front, because I've been really anxious and unsure about this whole full-time job/career thing. Finding and applying to jobs that I'm really excited about pursuing is awesome.
I'm pursuing creative endeavors that will enrich my life personally and professionally.
That's all I can say about that for now.

I was asked to take on more responsibilities at work.
Even if I'm working part-time retail, it's rewarding to see that my hard work has been noticed and to take on more tasks.

Clearly, the message this week is to choose to see the happiness around me. Is there a lesson that you've learnd this week?

---

In other news, I wrote up a guest post on Annie's blog: Wattlebird. I'm sharing a recipe for Fruit Dessert Pizza, which you'll definitely want to check out because it's delicious.
 
 photo DSCF2794_zps6497666d.jpg
Clicking the picture will take you to the post

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...