http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Monday, November 19, 2012

MN Bucket List: Groveland Tap

I was just introduced to the Groveland Tap about a year ago, but it quickly became one of my favorite bars to hang out at. Good food, good beer, comfortable atmosphere: all signs of a winner. A few of my friends and I went for dinner last weekend and I was reminded of all of the reasons why I love it.

via my friend Jenna's iPhone

Groveland Tap has about 50 beers on tap that are always changing. They always have a great selection of local and seasonal brews. This beer list chalkboard is one of the first things that you see walking in. I love trying new beer, but I'm always nervous to invest in a six-pack if I'm not sure that I'll like it. This bar is a great place to try new things; they offer beer flights of four tasters for $5 (I'm sure you'll definitely find at least four beers to try out). They often have a hard cider and root beer on tap as well, for those who are gluten free or not interested in drinking.





Their food is phenomenal! I love splitting an order of cajun fries (these are spicy!) or deep fried pickles with my friends. My favorite meal to order is the guacamole burger. The Groveland Tap also offers a special burger of the week, if nothing on the menu strikes your fancy. They make their own beer ranch from locally brewed Summit. To me, good food is just as important as good beer at bars.


While its located very close to Macalester College in St. Paul, its definitely not a "college bar." It draws a crowd of all ages, from groups of friends like ours to families with children. It definitely gets packed around dinnertime, but my experience is that its pretty quiet later in the evening. I've spent many evenings with friends hanging out in a wooden booth, splitting an appetizer and enjoying a beer and conversation or playing a round of bananagrams. I honestly hope that I can find a similar bar in New Jersey.

To view more posts from my Minnesota Bucket List, click here. I am not affiliated with or compensated for my review of the Groveland Tap. Just me sharing my opininions with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...