http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Monday, December 10, 2012

MN Bucket List: Al's Breakfast

Al's Breakfast is a Minneapolis local legend. And, its reputation precedes it. Al's was built in the alley between two other buildings; the restaurant is only 10 ft. wide! The only seating is fourteen bar stools in a line. Traditionally, as people leave other customers scoot all the way to the right, so that incoming parties can all sit together.





Located in Dinkytown, right by the University of Minnesota campus, Al's is a favorite of college students and locals alike. It opens at 6a Monday through Saturday (9a on Sunday) which makes it perfect for students that have pulled all-nighters (either studying or partying). I will warn you, if you get there after 7:30 you can expect to wait for a seat. If you plan to check it out (which you should!), remember that they are cash-only.


I was eager to visit such a local staple before leaving the state! My last breakfast at Al's (for the foreseeable future) was The Jose: a poached egg covered in salsa and cheese on top of hash browns. Yum! This is the sort of places that I can't wait to discover in my new hometown.


Check out the Wikipedia page for more information. The restaurant was also featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" episode "American Cookin" (2007).

To view more posts from my MN Bucket List, click here. I am not affiliated with Al's Breakfast, nor was I compensated for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...