http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

One Month!

I'm officially one month away from moving day! In a month my mom, brother, and I will finish packing up my belongings and head east (more details about that to come).

 Today was fairly ordinary. I had the day off, so I got to work on my to-do list. I finished wrapping my Christmas presents (the earliest I've ever finished that by a landslide), started writing out Christmas cards, and packed four boxes of board games, office/desk/school supplies, and a few kitchen and bathroom tidbits.

I'm grateful to have started packing so early, because its stressful and time-consuming, but its still overwhelming to consider what I'll leave behind and what I'll bring. Its also hard to pack, knowing that items I box up will stay boxed up for the next month. I've discovered that making an updated packing list when I'm done with each packing session helps me feel more focused. On my still-to-pack list: rugs; wall art and decorations; household fabrics: towels, blankets, pillowcases; kitchen: pizza stone, coffee maker, tea kettle; games: Blokus and Bananagrams; art supplies: paints, easel, paper, drawing instruments, sketchbook; Ikea side tables; clothes; shoes; books; toiletries; bike. It feels like a lot is left, but I think I'm about halfway done packing overall!

As far as other practical-type updates go, I'm still waiting to hear whether or not I was accepted into grad school. I also bit the bullet and started looking into jobs and local businesses in New Jersey. I haven't started the application process anywhere yet, but plan to start making some phone calls within the next week or so.

One Month. It doesn't seem real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...