http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Monday, March 11, 2013

September 11th Memorial

It was really wonderful having Keith's family in town this weekend. Its always great to be surrounded by familiar faces and accents. I'm really excited to share with you some of the things that we did this weekend. One of the first things that we did together was visit the 9/11 memorial.





Visiting the memorial has been on my list of things to do for a long time. I was so young when it happened (sixth grade!) so I barely remember life before it; I definitely don't remember New York before it. I've grown up with increasing understanding of the event and how it has changed us.

The September 11th memorial exudes solemness and feelings larger than you understand or expect. Standing at the edge of the gushing pools summons those same feelings: sadness bigger and deeper than you imagined to bubble to your surface. We didn't stay long (I think the slush puddles were a contributing factor for Keith's family), but frankly I was very overwhelmed by the sadness.

my camera was under the weather during this, so unfortunately all I have is a picture from my cell phone. However, I'm actually glad to experienced this memorial firsthand instead of through a camera lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...