http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

To Go Home Again


The bags are packed (almost) and my alarm clock is set for 4am. By time this post publishes I will be in an airplane probably somewhere over Ohio. I'm going home. To be totally honest, I haven't given home much thought since moving out here. Mostly because when I do, it brings tears to my eyes. But, this week in Minnesota gives me a different way to think about home.

I'll admit that I'm a little odd because I hardly ever get excited about trips. The day before my trip to Costa Rica in high school, a classmate asked me if I was excited. I said yes, but the truthful answer was no. I had a fabulous time on my trip: to say that it was life-changing is dramatic but also accurate. And, when I was preparing to move out here I wasn't excited at all. I was a modge-podge of other emotions.

This trip is different. I know exactly what I've been missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...