http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Friday, June 14, 2013

The Ups and Downs of Job Hunting

I had planned to bring back my TGIF column to infuse this blog with a little bit of positivity. Then, I got a call to schedule an interview. For a real, full-time, career-starting job in marketing. I honestly felt like I was going to throw-up. Then, I thought about it, and I started to get really excited. I started dreaming about working a 9-5 schedule. Of having a disposable income. Of having free weekends. Of finally feeling really secure and stable.

But, after more and more research it became apparent that this job/this company might be, well, "too good to be true"...... if you know what I mean.

Honestly, it kind of broke my heart. After Wednesday's revelation that I'm terrified of starting full-time work, that might be surprising. It was to me. But, it also might have been the exact thing that I needed to break me out of that fear. To make me understand what I have to gain by "growing up" a little bit. So, I'll it: I'm ready for a job, for something new, for stability, for financial security, to learn, to be humbled, to work hard, and to grow. I'm ready. Let's make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...