http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Friday, December 28, 2012

Season's Greetings

Happy belated Christmas to those that celebrate. Its been an embarrassingly long time since I've written. I'm sure that anyone else who works in retail can understand how busy the week before the holidays can be. But, I had a great holiday. Its been wonderful to spend time with my family and Keith and to have lots of my friends come back into town.

I'm happy to announce that I was accepted in graduate school. I'll be obtaining a Masters in Psychological Services with a professional diploma in Marriage and Family Therapy. I'm so glad to hear about my acceptance! I feel so much less anxiety about the move now. I'm grateful to know that I'll have something to do! My own plans and activities, meeting new people, having some purpose other than hanging out with Keith. Frankly, its been a real turning point in my attitude toward the move.

We've also changed our moving plan. The plan was to rent a Town & Country and drive. However, with the recent snow storms throughout the Midwest and East Coast, we've decided that driving might not be the best idea. A family friend mentioned that you can rent pallets on freight trucks, which started the thinking process. We ended up renting a storage cube (like PODS, but these are smaller and the right price-point) and buying flights. I'm so glad that my mom and brother are still going to come out. Its important to me that my family sees the place that I'm living, where I'm going to school, and gets a feel for my new home.

I'd like to think that I'm getting the most out of the last couple of weeks that I have in Minnesota. While I'm far from completing everything on my Bucket List, in the end what matters is that I'm spending TONS of time with my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...