http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y460/krschfld/navbar6_zps9e757c7d.png

home about me contact advertise disclosures

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Farewell to Minnesota Bucket List

Lake Itasca, Summer 2012

So, here we are. It is October 28th, and I have about two months left in Minnesota. While that feels like such a long time, I know it will pass quickly (especially with the upcoming holidays). I'm starting to realize that there are some things that I love about Minnesota that I won't be able to do in New Jersey. I've been thinking a lot about the things that I want to make sure that I do before I leave. Here's my Farewell to Minnesota Bucket List:
  • Dine at some favorite local restaurants: the Groveland Tap, the Original Pancake House, Al's Breakfast, the Chatterbox Pub, Annie's, the Lion's Tap
  • Enjoy the natural sites: Minnehaha falls, visiting some lakes, around and across the Mississippi.
  • I'd like to check out Indeed Brewery, which just opened in NE Minneapolis near where I used to intern
  • I'd love to make it up to Duluth for a weekend, but I doubt that I'll have time to do that.
  • A trip to the Minnesota Zoo, because I haven't gone in years!
  • Drink as much Dunn Bros and Caribou coffee as possible
  • Visit the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
  • And, of course, spend as much time with my family and friends
There's so many things that I wish I could do in Minnesota that are out of season: visiting the MN State Fair, going to a Twins baseball game, a picnic at Lake Calhoun. I'll have to get some major outdoor time in before it gets too cold outside. I love the natural beauty of Minnesota, filled with lakes and trees, and I know that will be a huge adjustment when I leave for New Jersey.... the area that I'll be living in is quite urban.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts, but please keep it respectful. Spam will be removed. -Kara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...